Not much to say other than I drove the EV into work again today. I put everything back together this weekend and made some small modifications to how the batteries were secured to the car in that area (where the gas tank use to be). It was a huge pain to get them out and remove that one cell, so I felt I should changes things a bit. Nobody wants to get in there and take this thing apart, but the day will come again.
I've mounted my CellLogs further from the trunk lid. Hopefully this will keep the heat down and reduce my chances of further electronic glitches from. I'm still thinking this was the case of the failure, but don't have any proof without being there.